This online, social, interactive, self-organized course will teach you how to understand the agile principles deeply and apply them in a multiple teams context, so that the result is an agile system rather than the juxtaposition of teams doing agile.
During the course you practice the coaching tools that you will use later with your clients. The learning is reinforced by a learning buddy system, study circles, peer reviews, daily cohorts and final assignements. Upon completion you are awarded the Scaling Sherpa certification.
The course is online.
The whole program must be completed within a time box of 5 weeks.
It requires an average of 2h of work per (work) a day, including the time spent in cohorts.
You are …
… an agile coach, scrum master, agile consultant
… leading or part of agile transformation team
… the head of an IT or engineering department who needs to lead an agile transformation
… has an agile mindset and you are afraid that it might get lost during scaling
… has a very classical siloed / matrix-like structure and want to regain its ability
You want to…
… lead confidently coaching conversations on agile scaling with your organization/clients without having to sell a specific framework
… increase your confidence when working on topics related to multi team agility
… to assess different agile frameworks by yourself without having to rely on consultants
… complement or prepare for a Certified LeSS (Large Scale Scrum) Practitioner course or else
The “Scaling Sherpa” certificate
Upon completion of the you will be awareded the certification “Scaling Sherpa”:
- which proves your ability to understand and apply agile principles at scale.
- which makes you are a competent coach to lead coaching sessions, workshops and trainings on scaling
To graduate you must fulfill following criteria:
Tools you will practice
- Draw your company
- Be agile vs doing agile
- SociogramIshikawa diagram
- Causal loop diagram
- Impact mapping“From output to outcome”
- Feature Team Adoption map
What you will take home
- Your own agile assement checklist
- Your own agile coaching question list
- Your own agile coaching workshop directory
- Presentation of the online school (miro / spatial chat / FAQ / learning center)
- Introduce yourself in the forum & comment on two other person’s introduction
- Watch Yves Morieux‘s Video and take notes
Module - Warm up and socializing (max 3 days)
- Cohort: impromptu networking & post results in the learning platform (what did you like most about the video?)
- Mission: find your buddy/tribe (browse presentations and make an appointment in the Lounge)
- Mapping out the terrain: hierarchies
Module - Mapping out the Terrain
- draw you organigram
- impact mapping
- agile knowledge assessment
Module - don‘t scale shit
- common misconceptions about scaling agile
- agile anti patternsthe agile values and principles applied
- the meaning of iterative
Module - scale the principles, not the practices
- feature teams
- scaling the principles
Module - introduction to large scale scrum
Who is Lean Sherpas?
Lean Sherpas is one of the only 10 LeSS (large Scale Scrum) coaching companies in the whole world.
Like the Sherpas who help Himalayan climbers during their quest by providing deep knowledge and an understanding of the terrain, routes and weather conditions, all of which maximize the chances of reaching the summit, our coaches advise, enable and assist our clients who are on missions of their own.
The teams and organizations we work with, just like the expeditions, must put in the effort, take on challenges and face the risks involved in reaching their goal. Our purpose is to assist them on their journey towards maximum results.
In order to achieve higher levels of productivity, our clients aim to sustainably and quickly deliver value and innovation by creating learning organizations. With our deep knowledge of lean and agile thinking and organizational tools, we provide guidance and support to reach higher heights.